Welcome to Video Counseling, a new option available for counseling services. Video Counseling is available to anyone in New Mexico who has a camera and microphone capacity. It can be done through computer, tablet, or smartphone. We can also do Telephonic sessions by smartphone or landline. We use a secure and confidential platform which is HIPAA compliant.
All Medicaid insurance plans allow for Video and Telephonic Counseling. I can accept them all (Presbyterian, Molina, United/Optum, Blue Cross/Blue Shield).
Self-Pay individuals automatically qualify and can make payment through the Online Payment tab on this website.
Commercial Insurance plans may or may not allow Video and Telephonic Counseling. Please check with your insurance company to find out if Video Counseling is part of your behavioral health insurance benefit.
EAP benefits may or may not allow Video and Telephonic Counseling depending on the EAP company contract. Please check with your workplace for their particular EAP company to see if it will be authorized. Some EAP's who do allow for Video and Telephonic Counseling are:
Corporate Health Resources (CHR) EAP
Solutions Group EAP
Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH)
Military One Source (MOS)
* Some EAP companies have their own Video Counseling system (ie. Military One Source). If this is the case, follow your EAP's emailed instructions on how to proceed.
Windows (with browsers Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge)
Mac (with browsers Chrome, Firefox or Safari)
iPads and mini-iPads
How to schedule a Video Counseling session:
You can either schedule online or by phone. To schedule by phone, call the office at 505-301-3408. To schedule online, click on the button at the top of this page or go to the Schedule Online tab. Select "Video/Telephonic Session". Once you've found an open session time you would like, follow the prompts to schedule the session. Be sure to give us your email address. Also include Insurance information with date of birth or EAP authorization number, if you will be utilizing your benefits.
Once your first appointment is scheduled, you will receive two emails; one from us and one from SecureVideo. Our email will give you instructions for the SecureVideo email, which will involve signing papers electronically and downloading the Video app to your device; it is an easy process and we will guide you through. Subsequent sessions will only require opening the SecureVideo appt. reminder email and clicking the link to connect to your session.
How to schedule a Telephonic Counseling session:
Once your appointment is scheduled you will be sent an email with a phone number to call at your session time and a passcode number. When you call the phone number at your session time, you will get an automated message that prompts you to enter the nine digit passcode with the pound sign (#) and then pound sign (#) again. The same process will take place for each Telephonic session.
Benefits and Drawbacks to Video/Telephonic Counseling:
Video and Telephonic Counseling has many benefits:
- Access to counseling services for rural or remote areas of New Mexico
- Ability to see your counselor more quickly and easily
- Maneuverability of location with a laptop, tablet, smartphone or landline
- Ability to see your counselor while traveling / out of town
- Access to counseling services for homebound individuals
- No travel or parking hassles
- Gives another option to face-to-face counseling, if it is preferable
Some drawbacks to Video and Telephonic Counseling are:
- It is not face-to-face so that the whole environment may not be viewable (body language etc.)
- From time-to-time there can be connection problems or technical issues. If they arise, we will do our best to troubleshoot these problems together. If the video/audio connection cannot be recovered we will have the option to continue the session telephonically.